CUT THE CORD!
As you are aware, I love my bread machine! Modernization for fresh, healthy food staples, sign me up. About three months ago, a non essential part broke on the bread machine. No big deal, make a phone call and order a replacement part, right? In the meantime, I can still use the machine! Two months later, an essential part breaks; the gasket in the bread pan. Once again I call the warranty division to order my part and check on the one that should be arriving any day. I discover that the original part ordered is still back ordered. To compound matters the part I need cannot be replaced. That's right, they can't even send me a new bread pan. Instead, they HAVE to send a completely new bread machine! Great for me, but does that really make sense on a business point? All I have to do is cut 3 inches from the plug and send it to the manufacturer. No problem right.......I can't do it......I can't cut the cord! My rational mind can't justify cutting the cord to an appliance that functions perfectly well, all I need is a gasket for a pan. Here comes Dave to the rescue. With one brief and even painless snip, the cord is cut. Alas, I can send the cord so I can receive my new bread machine!

No comments:
Post a Comment