Thursday, May 28, 2009

Steven

So, what has Steven been up to? He just completed his last season of t-ball. Next year, he advances to Coach Pitch! He also is finishing up first grade. At the beginning of the year, I was having a difficult time finding books he would enjoy reading. He would breeze through picture books but not want to read any chapter books, especially if they were all words and no pictures. I could not keep enough Level 2 & 3 reader books in the house for him to read. Then I got him into the Black Lagoon series which he loved. Next, Kierstin helped him get interested in the Magic Treehouse series, which is an adorable series! Last night, I caught staying up late reading Harry Potter! That's right, Dave was reading it to him at bedtime. However, once they got into the book, Steven could not wait until bedtime anymore to find out what happens. Today he will probably finish the book! Does he understand everything in the book? Probably not, but I am sure he follows the story line. Looks like we have another Harry Potter fan in the family. However, I don't think he will be in line with the other kids to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince July 17th, still too young for the intense visual graphics. Honestly, Jessica and David both were surprised to see the PG rating for this story. They thought for sure the content of the book makes it an easy PG-13. Oh well, the honor of parental guidance, eh?


What else does he enjoy? Playing Bakugan with his friends. Not sure what that is? Take a peek at this link http://www.bakugan.com/gameplay/demo.php Yes there is a definite Asian influence of the power generated from earth, wind, fire and light energy! Most older kids, 10-12 year olds outgrew Bakugan 2 years ago probably. However, Steven's age group thinks it is all the rage!

A few months ago, we went to a party that had THE best balloon artist I have ever seen. This photo shows Steven sporting a dragon hat while attempting to look like a fierce dragon himself!


This man who created this also makes surfers riding a wave, life size motorcycles, and anything you can imagine! Check out his link http://www.sfballoonguy.com/photo.html I will give him free advertising as he too is Boynton Beach resident!

So, that is Steven. He is still my huggable, lovable little boy!

No comments: