Congratulations Jessica, her artwork titled Peace by Piece won honorable mention for the middle school category at the art show! The Boynton Beach City Library hosted the Sister Cities International art show whose theme was "Your Path to Peace." In addition to art work from local elementary, middle and high school students, there was some AMAZING artwork from our sister city in China. Jessica and I looked at one drawing done with lead pencil of a Chinese vase. Her comment was, "It looks so lifelike, I can see the blue in the painting!" I concurred! Sorry, I did not take a photo for you. I was pleased to see Jessica's color pencil/watercolor. I think I enjoyed the symbolism she portrayed as much as the actual drawing! Achieving world peace truly is a puzzling task which can only be achieved piece by piece, or can it?Thursday, April 16, 2009
ARTIST
Congratulations Jessica, her artwork titled Peace by Piece won honorable mention for the middle school category at the art show! The Boynton Beach City Library hosted the Sister Cities International art show whose theme was "Your Path to Peace." In addition to art work from local elementary, middle and high school students, there was some AMAZING artwork from our sister city in China. Jessica and I looked at one drawing done with lead pencil of a Chinese vase. Her comment was, "It looks so lifelike, I can see the blue in the painting!" I concurred! Sorry, I did not take a photo for you. I was pleased to see Jessica's color pencil/watercolor. I think I enjoyed the symbolism she portrayed as much as the actual drawing! Achieving world peace truly is a puzzling task which can only be achieved piece by piece, or can it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very clever theme. Way to go Jessica.
Post a Comment