Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Favorite U-Pick

Rows and rows of tomatoes, all kinds too: cherry, plum, beef steak and another I don't know. You can even pick cabbage, okra, beets, and eggplant. Not that I have, but you could!




Literally down the street from our neighborhood is the best U-Pick around. This year, I have picked more tomatoes than ever before. Nothing beats a fresh batch of homemade salsa or bruschetta!
Also, this year has been especially kind for strawberries. I never thought my kids would be tired of eating strawberries. We have had them almost every day since February! I can't help but to serve such delicious, beautiful, healthy fruits! Each day I buy them I think, oh this will be the last time they look so fresh but, our dry, cool spring has helped the harvest immensely.

The best news about this U-pick is that they plan to plant strawberries earlier next year and add more vegetable varieties! Why is that such good news? Their lot is in perfect location for a commercial developer to buy! At least, I know they will be around next year too!

1 comment:

Cynthia's Blog said...

So stinking jealous@!!!!!!!