Friday, April 3, 2009

See Dave Run

Dave and I participated with Motorola in the Broward County Corporate 5K Run yesterday. We actually had a great time! If you had asked me yesterday after I ran across the line I would have said you are crazy, is this fun? As you can see, Dave completed the run with a modest time of 23 min 14 sec. (Pretty great considering he had little to no training.) I, on the other hand, have been running for a few months after having swam for a few months and my goal was 10 min mile! Gratefully, I reached my goal running across the line at 30 min 14 sec. At the 2 mile marker I was at 19 min. Then we faced our only hill for the entire course, yes we are in Florida. We had to run up and over the intercoastal waterway bridge. I wish I could say it was one of those steep, long bridges, but it wasn't. That hill killed me!! Instead of coasting down, I fought the hill and LOST! It did not help also that the temp was in the low 80's where I was use to the low 70's. Anyway, with all those excuses on the table, I am proud of Dave and glad that I at least reached my goal. Now, I work on more speed drills. Next time I want a sub 26 min for 5K.

No comments: