So what is new?
I am preparing for the hectic soccer and tee ball season to begin. That means I need meals easy to prepare that taste yummy and are healthy too! The other day I made my families favorite Chicken Cacciatore which comes from the Make A Mix Cookbook. I thought how odd that in this cookbook I only use this one recipe. So this week I have been trying different recipes. Sunday I made Chimichangas. They were to die for!!! The pork filling was a huge hit. In fact, every day this week David has asked for chimichangas for dinner! The best part is that I did make the jumbo batch and I have in the freezer meat for 2 different meals. Yesterday, I tried the beef bread bowl stew. (Nice alliteration, eh?) The stew was not too bad. I think our family prefers the oven stew recipe from my sister in law. But now, I have 2 batches of beef and veges in the freezer. I know from one I will make a beef pot pie! I also tried the muffin mix. Blueberries have been plentiful lately so I made a batch of blueberry muffins. I think the recipe has too much cinnamon for my liking. However, next time I will use the mix to make some apple muffins. I think those will taste quite nice. I hope this planning ahead will help make meal prep easier the next few weeks.
So, how is soccer season going? Well....Jessica made her school's team!! She was a bit nervous because they have a new coach this year. He coached the boys to the County Championship! He will be much better than last year's coach that sat on the sideline in his camp chair throughout the games! There are plenty of girls at her school that play on the travel team AND we were not sure how readily the new coach would select an 8th grader. To our delight, she made the team. Then on her 2nd day of practice she rolled her ankle. When I came to pick her up I thought she looked odd sitting on the field all by herself. She was afraid to move and her ankle was in TONS of pain. She could barely walk. (Her best friend just had surgery to repair a broken and dislocated knee cap.) With this in the back of her mind and memories of her own dislocation, I understand her hesitation. Well, sure enough she sprained her ankle. The doctor said no soccer for at least 2 more weeks, this was after one week of no playing all ready. Can you believe? Her soccer season is only 4 weeks long at school. However, the physical therapist said she is healing quite rapidly. Thanks to the ice, ibuprofen, and rest! Yes, I let her stay home from school the day after she sprained the ankle with no chores to do! He told her she can start at least kicking the ball and trying to run! We shall see where she is in one more week. This Friday her school plays their arch rival. Unfortunately, she will not be able to play.
Steven begins tee ball Saturday. We have been able to get him on the same team as our neighbor so that will be fun for them!
David was taking some acting classes. He really is a natural but, does not want to take any more classes. I guess that leaves one night open for other activities. Right now he continues with his piano lessons.
Kierstin and Jess will start league soccer the middle of March! Yeah!!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment