Day Six and Seven at sea.
Early in the week, Kierstin was frustrated that she could not do everything that she wanted in one day. She was actually quite stressed that she could not fit everything into her schedule. After I explained to her that the cruise directors goal is to have plenty of activities for everyone on board and that there will be more to do than time available, she seemed to relax a bit. Despite this eustress, I must say, Kierstin smiles more and BIGGER whenever she is on vacation!
David's idea of a perfect vacation is a good book with room service! One days, David begged to stay in his room and order his lunch so he could continue reading. Every night he and Dave enjoyed ordering room service for a bedtime snack. Of course, he loves the water activities too! He seemed to be the last one out of the pool for our families midnight swim and hot tub party.
Jessica's dream vacation is activity after activity. She joined many of the teen activities ie soccer, scavenger hunts, dodgeball, surfing and other crazy things. She did bring some homework along. The first day she was trying to complete her homework in between activities. By the second day, the homework was long forgotten in her nightstand!
Steven loved the Explorers activities. One afternoon the kids put on a circus play. Another day they played water games. Each day, he went in with a smile and left just as happy.
It was sure nice to know that the kids could stay busy doing things they were interested in while Dave and I could enjoy time doing our own activities! One afternoon Dave and I attempted to play the golf simulator. I do not claim to be any type of golfer at all. May I say that this simulator proved how terrible I am? I believe one hole took me 18 strokes just to get to the green!!!! I provided some nice comical relief for Dave that afternoon!
Here are photos of the kids favorite towel animal creations. Their alltime favorite is the ape swinging from the hanger.
Dave and I went to dinner by ourselves Friday night. The menu included lobster and more seafood the kids just do not like. So, we had a very nice, quiet meal together! After dinner, we...yup you guessed it, spent an hour on the flow rider. We split the evening session with one of Dave's surfing buddies. Steven went to the Explorer room to play games with his friends. The rest of us took turns boogy boarding or surfing. The hour went quick and we had a BLAST!!
Alas, it was time to pack and go home. No one was ready to leave. Everyone of us would have stayed on board for another fun filled week. Besides, we learned they were heading to the Western Caribbean next. Who wouldn't love to go there????
1 comment:
Sounds like you had alot of fun!!! Wish I was there for all the Great FOOD you ate on Board!!
Post a Comment