Sunday, August 3, 2008



Whew! The blog sure was easy to set up but, it was a nightmare trying to log in again. Alas, I am back.




Jessica had a fantastic time at her first Young Women's Girls Camp. Girls between the ages of 12-18 attended the 4 days of camp at a Girl Scout camp named Camp Welaka. I must say the facilities were pretty nice. Jess would argue that the sleeping accommodations could have been made better if air conditioners were inside the cabins. I can't complain, as the camp nurse I get to sleep in the fully air conditioned cabin!!! Talk about roughing it! More importantly, are the girls. For most of these girls, this is the only time they are surrounded by their peers that share their same beliefs. I know Jessica is only one of two members of our church in her middle school. I think they have as much fun staying up late at night as they do performing and watching skits. I have included a few photos from camp.



I have never seen such a large pan of cobbler in my life! We made one cherry cobbler and one peach. Both were devoured in minutes!! I must admit, I prefer my own recipe baked in a dutch oven. I am sure many of you have your favorite as well.

1 comment:

Charles and Carrie said...

so what is your recipe for your cobbler? Inquiring minds want to know.