Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy 15th Jessica!




This is the sunset Jessica was given for her birthday! Isn't it beautiful!


Can you count all 15 candles? Her cake of choice was chocolate cake with a layer of chocolate chip ice cream in the middle. It was delicious. Monday afternoon we were at the Driver's License Department so she could get her Learner's Permit! She drove home with Dave after a quick lesson at the church parking lot! Meanwhile, I took my mother to the airport. We were a bit perplexed to see a long line at Delta's ticketing counter. To our surprise, all flights were delayed. Although her flight was still posted as leaving on time, the afternoon flights were still waiting to leave. It did not take long to realize that she was going nowhere fast! We learned quickly that all flights out of West Palm Beach fly through Atlanta. If you were watching the news, you would have known about the terrible flooding that occurred in Atlanta this day and yesterday. My mother and I were having such a great time visiting and working on projects that we were oblivious to the news. Fortunately, a very nice ticketing agent helped my mom bypass the line and get her a flight for the next afternoon! So we left the airport and went to City Place for dinner!




After a fabulous dinner at Cheesecake Factory, we walked around taking photos for Jessica's upcoming birthday party. We are going to have a scavenger hunt at City Place. There will be two aspects. One, the girls will have to identify photos from various locations. The crazy photo at the top of the page is an example. Inside the candy store is a display of bizarre sunglasses. My mom and I thought this looked like a cute smile! Second, they will have to find different things or take photos of crazy things like a person in their group wearing plaid shorts, flower shirt and a matching scarf! Another photo is picture of each person wearing black and yellow lipstick. To see the photos you will have to check out Jessica's facebook account. Sorry, I don't have any photos of my own yet. We finished the evening with dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger! I know the girls had a blast! They did not want to go home at the end of the night. Alas, we had to leave as they all had school the next day!

PS Sorry the photos are out of order. I am unable to drag the photos or insert them into the text tonight. I will try again a different day.








No comments: